Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Orthodontics

I disapprove of it.

I'm getting braces in a week, and to prepare myself for such a daunting endeavor, I got spacers put in. Two, actually, one on each side my mouth, bottom set of teeth. They hurt like nobody's business, and I'm having non-fond recollections of when I had my oral surgery. However, with the surgery they gave me Amazing Happy Drugs (that were NOT crack before anyone gets ideas) that made the world seem a lot better. The most they suggested here was Motrin.

I took Motrin a couple hours ago, and it helped about as much as eating a stack of paper would. Reread that a few times if it doesn't make sense, because it isn't supposed to.

On a better note, Mom and I went to the (new and larger!) music store next to the Indian restaurant where we had lunch, and I found the piano sheet music to selections of the first to Lord of the Rings movies. I haven't really gotten into the second one, but so far I have four songs played through in Fellowship: "In Dreams", "Lament for Gandalf", "Many Meetings", and "May It Be". I want to get into "Isengard Unleashed" (or at least the selection for "Haldir's Lament" for reasons I'm sure many of you are aware of) in the second one, but I'm taking it a song at a time. It's nice to have some new sightreading and sheet music, though.

3 comments:

BeaBeeWillRipOffBracesWithGlee said...

i disapprove of orthodontics too. ESPECIALLY since i was SUPPOSED to get my braces off (after two excruciatingly annoying years) a couple days ago, but one little tooth put it off for 3 weeks MINIMUM. rrrr.... miss you incredibly so, alicebelle! :)

Alicebelle said...

Awww poor Bea! Dx I'm terrified one of the spacers will break and I'll have to go in and redo the entire thing xD

I miss yew tew!!

Quinnifred said...

i miss you most!!!! :D er wait, D: ... or maybe :D: thats more like it :)