Thursday, February 5, 2009

C is for cookie

Every night before Youth Orchestra, mom and I go to Panera for dinner. I ordered my usual (chicken noodle soup, Jones root beer, and french bread slice) and sat down with a magazine. A voice came on the intercom, sounding rather Germanic at first.

"Iiiiiiiiit's cookie time! There are some fresh baked cookies that are 99 cents. First one to the cash register gets one free."

For some odd reason, people weren't racing like I thought they would. I glanced around a good five seconds later...nobody was there. After a little prodding (I was a tad confused) I went up to claim my prize. I think they were relieved to get that finished and accounted for.

The cookie was...huge. Like, the size of a cereal bowl and about a fourth of an inch thick. It was warm, fresh, soft, and chocolate-y---I chose chocolate chip as my flavor. I don't think I've ever had that good a cookie before.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

That was an amazingly good cookie. I wish I had one right now.

Anonymous said...

Cookie Monster...C is for cookie that's good enough for me...

Anonymous said...

Haha. I love Panera. Iget the same thing, only with a green tea. :)