Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2nd bassoons, play!

No, I still remain 1st (and only) bassoon in orchestra and band, but we DID get a 2nd bassoon! Apparently, the middle school owns one, and the only reason I didn't know about it was because my band teacher figured that after years of not being played, it would be uber-damaged. It wasn't---it's absolutely beautiful. The keys are shiny and don't stick. The sound is clear and crisp, with a nice vibrato. And it's the most gorgeous shade of dark cherry I've ever seen.

I attempted taking a MySpace mirror shot, but my camera died before I could get a good picture. Therefore, here's a suck-tacular one I took with the computer's webcam:



It's going to be strange going to the bus tomorrow and only have to carry my reed and bocal. Strange, but nice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is good news about finding a second bassoon in such great condition. For a few days, you will probably feel like you have forgotten something every time you go to the bus. You do look happy with your new find.

Anonymous said...

Totally random, but:
Your hair looks nice at that length. :)

Hope to talk to ya soon!
~Ally

P.S: Kisa says 'meow', which roughly translates into 'hello'. But of course, you must take accents, inflections, and the various cat dialects into consideration...