Saturday, July 11, 2009

Over the Rainbow

I'm seeing Wizard of Oz with my friend Janelle on the 17th. However, we weren't doing anything tonight, so I appealed to my mom to take me to see it tonight as well.

It was absolutely incredible. Toto was an actual dog, and he was completely adorable and terribly well trained. I tried to imagine Ginger doing that and couldn't (Sorry, Ginger). In the scene where Toto escapes and Dorothy cries, "Run Toto, run!" Toto ran off Stage Right. If Ginger did that, I suppose she'd also have a nice dose of FRAP and run around the entire stage.

I didn't FaceBook that I was coming, so at the Meet-n-Greet I took my friends by surprise. I hadn't seen most of them in two months, some six, some a year. Mom took pictures, though they're still on her camera. I'll post them tomorrow.

My friend James pulled his typical Poor Young Lad to ask my mom if I could join the cast at Shoneys for their tradition post-show dinner. On the condition that I vacuum the entire house tomorrow, I was allowed. I accepted.

Words can not describe how I felt tonight. I haven't felt that loved and immersed in people like that in so long. Granted, I haven't been miserable at all, but to be part of the YTHC family again and go out at the late hours of night, all the bright lights of the street and theatre against the black sky was just great. Best of all was seeing all my friends again, some of the greatest people I've ever met.

I'll end my poetic and sappy interlude there. I'm really tired (contacts are killing me) and I got four hours of sleep last night. If I'm to vacuum the house, I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Mimmie Boyd said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful, magical night with your YTHC friends.

I can imagine Ginger on stage doing her wild run-around. That would be funny, but I doubt the cast would think so.

dad said...

Glad you had fun with your peeps. They seem to be your best group. Keep in touch with them. Will you audition for next production?
Ginger could do that...1st couple of practices woudl be dicey.
Have fun.
love ya

Theresa Smith said...

What a nice post. We've missed you this year!