Monday, July 6, 2009

Inspire me

It's obvious that I've given up on the 2009 Blog365. Ever since Jamaica, I've been behind in a lot of my Internet-type accounts, especially MySpace, DeviantArt, and Blogger. I've actually been on FaceBook quite a lot, just not for status updates.

As proven before, it's hard to stop blogging and then start again. I've been finding significantly more and more things that I would normally blog, though less and less desire to do so. Therefore, I ask your opinion: should I keep blogging?

You don't even have to post a comment. I have my SiteMeter put up, so by just seeing that you were here (and what your operating system, browser, and resolution were) for say, a minute to read this post, that'll be adequate. If you're still reading me ramble on, you're helping the cause! (If you hate this blog, then close out of it so as to cast your vote too).

Thanks!

7 comments:

Quinnifred said...

you SHOULD continue! (even though comments werent necessary, i am commenting.)
what kind of a world would it be without an annabelle who blogs?!?!

PS- the last two sentences of this particular post reminded me slightly of Lemony Snicket XD (i just read grim grotto, penultimate peril, and The End, so i'm in full Lemony Snicket mode)

Anonymous said...

I second that last comment! :)


from Illinois

Dad said...

PLEASE Don't stop! It is how I keep up with some of your comings and goings while I am away from home. :)
luv ya

Anonymous said...

Even though I don't always post comments, I look forward to checking in and reading what's going on in The World of Annabelle. I must confess, though. . . . I didn't check the blog when you were in Florida, I guess because I could ask you in person, "What's up?" : ) I missed you guys as soon as you pulled out of the driveway today. Love, Zen-ny

Mimmie Boyd said...

Yes! Keep blogging. I look forward to hearing about what you are doing. But don't feel pressured to write every day if you don't feel like it.

We really miss you guys. There is never enough time. The house is so quiet, and Arlo walked around looking for Harvey this morning.

Papa Boyd said...

I love your blog, AB! Please don't shut it down. While Blog365 is a noble idea, it might be counterproductive, by making bloggers scramble around for little bits and pieces just to have something to post every day. A better approach (IMHO) is to wait until you have something you really want to share and then post it. (Quality usually trumps quantity: less is more!)
You might also consider fewer "social networking" sites. It seems to me that MySpace and FaceBook are redundant. Why not keep whichever one you like best (I'm guessing FaceBook) and invite your other crowd to join you there? (Many of them are probably already members of both--and facing the same "time" frustrations you are.)
It's hard to do everything--both online and off--and feel that you're doing justice to it all. My hope is that as you deal with these hard choices, you will decide to keep up your non-daily blog, and also your piano and bassoon. (Those two should be daily, of course. That's a case where quantity LEADS to quality!) In fact, I enjoy seeing occasional blog posts about your music--including performance clips.

Alicebelle said...

Oh my...I didn't have a lot of internet in FL so I didn't know people commented o.o

Sorry if what I said sounded a little whiny...I've been in a kind of internet daze with summer being here. I'll come up with something tonight, though :)