Saturday, January 23, 2010

Screen Actors Guild Awards: Predictions

I officially believe more in the Screen Actors Guild more than the Golden Globes. Avatar wasn't nominated for anything, and HALLELUJAH, neither was The Hangover. How either of those were noticed for what they were is beyond me. Anyway, I'm predicting:

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role

Georgoe Clooney, Up in the Air

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role

Gabourey Sidibe, Precious

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role

Stanley Tucci, The Lovely Bones

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role

Mo'Nique, Precious

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture

Nine with Daniel-Day Lewis, Penelope Cruz, Sophia Loren, Marion Cotillard, Judi Dench, Fergie, Kate Hudson, and Nicole Kidman (Though I'd be perfectly happy if it went to Precious. I just figure anything with Daniel-Day Lewis, Penelope Cruz, and Sophia Loren in the same movie is bound for great thing.)

Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture

Star Trek

I could care less about Primetime TV. The only one I'm going to wait for is Outstanding Ensemble in a Comedy, for either Glee or Modern Family. Hopefully Glee, though.