Friday, August 24, 2007

Skittler, noun, one who writes skits for fun or profit

My friend Karen just wrote her first two skits. I wrote two to get her started, one of Billy martin and I and one of Joel Madden and her. (They are simple 2-character shorts, but they are rather funny)

Here are mine:

Billy- *pout on his face, head lowered-Doesn't anybody love me? Anybody like me? I'm over here, poor neglected me

Annabelle- *runs over and hugs Billy* Everyone else can have Joel!

Annabelle- Oh, yeah, and have this! *pulls out 25 cent plastic ring*

Annabelle- *on one knee*-will you marry me William Dean Martin, hottest guy in Good Charlotte in my opinion?

Billy- Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhh...

Annabelle- I'll throw in wedding fees.

Billy- Done!


Karen- *clear throat* Ah-he-HEM! Joel Reuben Madden, would you take I, Karen, to be your wife?

Joel -Well, I don't know....I'm already engaged to someone who has been in jail several times, done drugs and made me dye my hair like Cruela deVil....*sobs* MY BEAUTIFUL HAIR!!!!

Karen- Never fear! I can color your hair in black washable marker until we can get you to a beauty salon and you can get your lovely hair back to the original shade. My treat.

Joel- Really? That's so nice! Nicole would have made me pay for it.....*clears throat* Karen, do you take me, Joel Madden, to be your husband?

Karen- Let me think about it....hmmmm.....OK!


And here are Karen's:

Joel-Okay, ladies calm down. I'm going to pick one of you out of the crowd to come and ask me one question eeny meani miney mo(after he says all that)...you!

Karen- yes!

Joel- what's your name?

Karen- Karen

Joel- what's your question?

Karen- *on one knee, opens little box with 25 cent rig inside* Joel Madden, will you marry me? The ring is gold

Joel- *picks up ring* this is plastic

Karen- I was on short notice. Anyway Do you except?

Joel- Uhh...

Karen- I can cover everything for the wedding! I'll even buy you a real ring for the wedding!

Joel- Done!

Girls in crowd- Nooo!!!

Me- Yay me! *claps hands like London and throws arms around Joel and gives him a big bear hug*

Joel- Wow, who knew I was so loved?


Billy- Hey does anyone want my autograph? *hears girls chanting Joel* I guess nobody likes me...

Annabelle- I do Billy! *runs under safety bar and races over and hugs Billy* I love you!

Billy- Yay! I'm loved by someone!

Annabelle- Can I ask you a question?

Billy- Sure

Annabelle: *down on one knee, takes out box with plastic ring inside* Will you, Billy Martin, marry me?

Billy- uhhhhhh....

Annabelle- I'll cover the wedding plans. I'll even let you draw a big cartoon posters to hang up at the wedding!

Billy- Oh my god! YOU GOT YOURSELF A DEAL, GIRL!!!!

Annabelle- Yay me! and Billy! *trys to hug Billy and pick him up and is too short* uhh, a little help please?

Billy- oh, sorry! *Billy picks up Annabelle and swings her around*
Annabelle- WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Random girl- Hey look! It's Billy!

Annabelle- Oh no!

Billy- *GASP* Danger is a foot! Quick! To the Billymobile! Away! * grabs Annabelle and takes off running*

*James bond music starts playing*


Personally, I like hers better--- and it's her first try!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of her work, because personally, I think it's downright hilarious.

No comments: